Turn your photos into beautiful artworks of famous painters from different eras using an AI-powered photo editor and art editing tool. Play & learn with deep art effects!
Paintation is a simple yet powerful AI photo editor supporting neural style transfer, also known as deep art effects. Unlike many other apps that require uploading photos to a server in order to be transformed, Paintation relies on TensorFlow Lite technology to evaluate neural network locally on your device. For that reason, it can run in offline mode, and your photos never leave your device unless you decide to share them!
Paintation features a processing pipeline that consists of four stages allowing you to adjust the outcome by going back and forth. The stages are:
(1) Prepare -> (2) Stylize -> (3) Filter -> (4) Adjust
(1) PREPARE STAGE
The Prepare stage contains many basic and advance photo editing tools that enable you to adjust input for the Stylize stage:
1) Correct - flip and rotate an image
2) Rotate - fine rotation
3) Crop - arbitrary and constrained crop
4) Background - automatic people segmentation and background change
5) Vanish - fill-in an arbitrary area of the image by surrounding pixels
6) Clone - clone stamp tool (tap and hold to edit stamps)
7) Selection - an optional selection that is applied as a mask for the following tools
10) Smooth - smooth image on one, and enhance details on the other side
11) Sharpen - sharpen and Gaussian blur tool
12) Noise - add noise (can improve the result for style transfer) and median blur
15) Vignette - adds a dark or light vignette
(2) STYLIZE STAGE
The Stylize stage contains 350 style images based on famous paintings that you can apply to your pics. Styles are divided into 14 groups:
1) Selection (various painters and periods)
2) Renaissance (Van Eyck, Botticelli, Da Vinci, Titian, Raphael, ...)
3) Baroque (Rubens, Caravaggio, Rembrandt, Velazquez, Van Dyck...)
4) Rococo (Fragonard, Reynolds, ...)
5) Neoclassicism (Winterhalter, Copley, ...)
6) Academicism (Knaus, De Blaas, ...)
7) Romanticism (Goya, Delacroix, ...)
8) Realism (Degas, Repin, ...)
9) Impressionism (Renoir, Monet, Manet, Tissot, Matisse, ...)
10) Post-Impressionism (Cezanne, Van Gogh, Toulouse-Lautrec, Malevich, ...)
11) Art Nouveau (Larsson, Mucha, Klimt, Schiele, ...)
12) Expressionism (Gauguin, Munch, Bloch, Dali, ...)
13) Cubism (Picasso, Chagall, Ernst, ...)
14) Abstract Art (Kandinsky, Picabia, Klee, Delaunay, Mondrian, ...)
15) Surrealism (Picasso, Picabia, ...)
The first group contains a selection of styles and it is free, while other groups contain premium styles and correspond to major art movements. Each style image contains an info button that is used to display additional info dialog containing links to the WikiArt.org page of the artwork and the artist.
(3) FILTER STAGE
The Filter stage, as the name suggests, contains many color filters that can further improve your result: Original Colors, Warm, Cold, Sepia, Black & White, B&W + Stretch, Bone, Ocean, Pink, Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Hot, Cool, Magma, Inferno, Plasma, Cividis, Threshold, Edges, Glowing Edges, and Negative.
(4) ADJUST STAGE
Finally, the Adjust stage brings most of the previously mentioned tools again allowing you to fine-tune the result.
In each stage, it is possible to adjust the strength of the applied transformation allowing better control over the desired output.
If the implemented processing pipeline cannot fit all the processing you have in plan, you can choose the current result as an input for the next processing cycle. The appropriate option is available from the share screen in the premium version.
When it comes to saving or sharing your work, there are three supported export options:
1) Full picture
2) Collage of original and transformed pictures
3) Collage of original, style, and output pictures
CREDITS are listed on http://paintation.com